Friday, April 20, 2012

Bopang Lerato ECCD Center


The Bopang Lerato ECCD is my village pre-school located about a 5 minute walk from my house.  The center is run by two bo-mme, Mme Malenyora and Mme Mantoleng, and currently attended by 58 preschool children.  The school is very bare and they lack many supplies.  The school building was built by a Peace Corps volunteer who served at Qholaqhoe High School in the 90’s.  Mme Malenyora was really excited to have me visit and I spent time playing with the students and watched them perform their songs.  Every time they stand from their chairs they recite “I am STANDING UP!”.  With the assistance of some of the parents they have started to design some play structures and really want help to build more.  It is really exciting to see that they have already had that initiative and I am excited for the possibility of helping.  Additionally, their inside space is really bare and could use visuals on the walls.  With the help of my students we hopefully will be able to paint drawings and teaching aids on the walls to make the environment better through a drawing contest or something next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment